Baked Egg Potato Bowls
Author: ZoomYummy.com (adapted from OurBestBites.com)
- 6 large potatoes
- 6 eggs
- about 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz (150 grams) shredded or cubed cheese (any kind you like; more kinds can be combined)
- 2 stalks green onions
- 9 oz (250 grams) bacon, cubed and fried
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Wash the whole potatoes under running water thoroughly.
- Bake the potatoes until they are cooked through and soft inside (it will take about 40 minutes).
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool to the temperature that will allow you to handle them with your hands.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Slice a layer off the top of each potato. Using a spoon, gently scoop out insides, leaving a thin layer of potato against the skin and avoiding puncturing the bottom. Reserve the scooped potato for another use.
- Brush the inside of each potato with the olive oil.
- Add a little salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle a layer of bacon, thin slices of green onions and some shredded cheese into each potato. Fill each potato about ½ full.
- Crack one egg into each potato.
- Sprinkle with a little more bacon, onion slices and cheese. Then top with more salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes.Egg whites should be set and yolks soft.