Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread
- adapted from How Sweet Eats
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing or dip mix
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook mix together 1 cup of the all-purpose flour and all of the whole wheat flour with the sugar, yeast, salt, chives, bacon, and ranch dressing.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and butter until the butter is melted. Set aside for 1 minute and then add the water to the milk/butter mixture. Add the milk mixture to the flour and stir to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each is well combined. This will take a few minutes. Add in the grated cheddar cheese and mix well. Add the remaining flour and knead until the flour is well incorporated. The dough will be quite sticky, but resist adding more flour.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and let rise, covered, for one hour. Punch down the dough. Lightly flour your workspace and roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 12 x 15 inches.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough from top to bottom in 6 strips. Stack the strips on top of each other and then cut them all again into 6 squares.
- Butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan. Layer the squares into the pan cut side down – the squares should be standing up, not laying down flat. It will appear as though your dough is too small for your pan, but when it rises it will fill it up. Cover the dough with a towel and let rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Try not to burn your fingers while ripping pieces of bread off right out of the oven.
Read more at http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2011/07/14/cheesy-bacon-ranch-pull-apart-bread/#rUT8YJ1eAWRuvBjQ.99