• 40g/5 oz. fine granulated sugar
• 6 egg whites
• 6 egg yolks
• 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
• 50g/2 oz. butter
• 250g/9 oz. cream cheese
• 100 ml/3 fluid oz. fresh milk
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice
• 60g/2 oz. cake flour /superfine flour
• 20g/1 oz. cornflour (cornstarch)
• 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
2. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
3. Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).
4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F)