Easy Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional but really good)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup beer
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Peanut oil for frying
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized shallow bowl. Whisk in egg yolks and beer. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Peel and slice onion to desired width, separate layers.
- Place oil in a heavy bottomed pan, about 2 inches deep. Heat to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Dip onion rings, one at a time in batter then carefully place in hot oil. Fry for about 1 minute then flip over and fry for another minute, until golden on both sides. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels before serving.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com