Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sauce:
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cup creamy peanut butter
- cup milk
- cup heavy cream
- teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2
- tablespoons granulated sugar
- teaspoon salt
- cup water
- tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- cup flour
- cup granulated sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the sauce: Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir 5 minutes until chocolate chips are melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly to thicken.
- To make the churros: In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, salt, water and 2 tablespoons of oil to a boil. Remove from heat. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft ball of dough forms. Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan halfway with oil and heat over medium-high heat to 375°F. Carefully pipe churro batter into oil (or pipe onto a plate, then transfer to oil using a slotted spoon). Fry churros on both sides 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer churros to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add churros to bowl and toss lightly to coat. Serve churros warm with sauce on the side.