Yield: 16 cupcakes
Malva Pudding Cupcakes
For the cupcake:
2 C sugar
2 T unsalted butter, melted
2 t lemon juice
2 T apricot jam
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
2 C milk
1 C cake flour
For the sauce:
1 C lowfat evaporated milk
1 C sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C boiling water
1. Combine butter, sugar and egg.
2. Add lemon juice, apricot jam, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Add milk and flour bit by bit, stirring to ensure no lumps form.
4. Fill cupcake liners almost to the top.
5. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until nicely risen and browned on top. The top should feel spongy.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and heat for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring to ensure all the sugar has dissolved.
7. Prick the cupcakes with a toothpick. Then, drizzle the sauce over them. It should be absorbed very quickly.
8. Return to the oven for another three minutes to caramelize.