Although I have called this incredible dip roquamole, I think it may be better made with a less illustrious bleu. St Agur out of a wedge-shaped packet is the blue cheese I keep in the fridge so that I am ever-ready to make this.
You don’t need to serve subfusc blue corn tortilla chips with this; you don’t have to serve any kind of tortilla chip with this: though both do add to the luscious eat-me quality. But I’m also very keen on a huge platter of dippable bits: radishes, carrot batons, sugar-snaps, you name it.
Photo by Lis Parsons.
Recipe posted by Nigella
- 125 grams crumbled Roquefort cheese (or St Agur)
- 60 ml sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 35 grams sliced pickled green jalapeno peppers (from a jar)
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 packet blue corn tortilla chips
- In a bowl, crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream.
- Mash in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be all you need.
- Roughly chop the sliced jalapenos and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced spring onions.
- Arrange in the centre of a plate or dish, dust with the paprika and surround with tortilla chips. Dive in.
Additional information – for vegetarians use St Agur or a similar blue cheese suitable for vegetarians. For gluten free most corn chips are gluten free but check packaging.