- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup kielbasa, chopped
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry a bit, so that it’s about 18 inches x 14 inches. You’ll need about 4 inches down the center of the pastry, so start cutting 1 inch strips, leaving the 4 inches in the center.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a skillet and melt it. Add the mushrooms and kielbasa and fry for a couple minutes. In the meantime, whisk together 6 eggs and mix with the shredded Swiss cheese.Add the eggs to the skillet and cook. Add the parsley for color and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the scrambled eggs cool. Place the scrambled eggs in the center of the pastry.
- Take a strip from each side and fold over the eggs. One from each side at a time, sort of forming this braid.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash and bake in the oven for about half hour or until nice and golden brown.