Serves : 6
• 190g plain flour
H• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 120g soft brown sugar
• 1 pinch salt
• 120ml milk
• 2 eggs
• 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Toffee sauce
• 120g butter or margarine
• 200g soft brown sugar
• 250ml double cream
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. In another bowl add the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk together until a light frothy foam forms on top.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and mix together until smooth.
5. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cake is firm on top; start checking after 20 minutes.
6. For the sauce, add the butter, sugar and cream to a large saucepan and simmer over medium high heat until sauce is smooth and dark brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with pudding.
Baked and tested by: Annelore Von Solms Jouber