Staying on special diets, but these cakes are so awesome, everyone will love it!
Eggless Nutella Chocolate Cake
Serves 12. 148 calories per slice.
12 tablespoons sugar
14 tablespoons all purpose flour
6 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 medium apple peeled and chopped
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons nutella
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
– In a blender, add apple, milk, sugar, vanilla, oil, cocoa powder, and nutella. Blend until smooth keep aside.
– In a separate bowl sift or whisk all the dry ingredients.
– Pour the wet ingredients on the dry and gently stir using a whisk or a spatula. Do not over mix.
– Pour the boiling water in the batter and stir to combine.
– Pour the batter in 8×8 greased and floured baking pan, or you can use parchment paper, which I feel is best for this cake.
– Bake for 30 minutes, then insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
– This cake should stay in the baking pan to cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
– This cake needs the one hour in the fridge for the flavors to come together. Cut into 12 squares.